Friday, October 10, 2008

Wedding Themes

So, it's really getting to be too late to not have a wedding theme. But if you know me at all, you know I'm not the most decisive when it comes to certain things because I just want to do so much! So, we're having the reception at Keswick Hall at Monticello:

Isn't she beautiful?? It was modeled after an Italian Villa because the couple that built it in the late 19th century went to Italy on their honeymoon (back when people had money...not to diss today's economy). My fiance loved it just as much when I showed him the Washington Post travel article on it. So, the venue is totally romantic and everything we wanted.

But (you knew that was coming), even though my style is very romantic, I can't help but want a little whimsy in the wedding. Keswick has a professional croquet lawn. AND Lewis Carroll published
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland on the same date as our wedding!!
So, what do I do? If we went with romantic Mediterranean, we could go with an inspiration board like this: photo cred
My fiance and I love wine and all things having to do with it. I love fuschia and burgundy and all things cork. However, the couture maps from my previous post and the croquet lawn and the idea of topiaries (!!) makes me so excited! Check out this inspiration board!
and this!
So many choices. I really don't know. Does it help that the wedding is going to be late summer?

No comments: