Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Flower Meeting with Beehive Events

I just had my first meeting with a florist and it was fabulous. I met with Shawn and David Cossette of Beehive Events from outside Charlottesville. Luckily, they were in town for another meeting and were able to meet with me at Barnes & Noble in Georgetown. They were a very lovely couple (originally from San Fran) and I really enjoyed meeting with them and brainstorming about possible flower (and non-flower combinations). I LOVE that they're thinking less traditional - we like flowers, but we also discussed mangoes and papayas (very Filipino), figs and grape leaves and rosemary (very Mediterranean). We discussed China berries, Dahlias, and lots of other fun elements.

I was so nervous before the meeting just because I knew I had a lot of ideas bouncing around in my head and definitely needed to be reigned in. Plus I wanted her to like me! Signor Keswick asked, "Why are you so flustered?" I wasn't flustered! I was just excited and wanted to make a good impression.

Here are some of the beauties we discussed:

Bursa Black Fig

China Berries
Fuschia Dahlias

Here's a great website I found when searching for flower images: Lani Elizabeth Fine Design in Flowers and Events. Note the gorgeous Mokara, Cymbidium, ad Dendrobium orchids and the burgundy Calla Lilly (we won't be using them as Calla Lillies mean "death" but they're still a great color!

No comments: