Saturday, November 15, 2008

Many Happy Returns!

Last week we celebrated my fiance's 26th birthday. Of course, I made the delicious baklava cheesecake (recipe to follow) I only make twice a year (his birthday and July 4th). I went easy this year on the food since the guest list was smaller, but we still had blue cheese and garlic dip, prosciutto wrapped barbecue shrimp, and the normal stuff (chips and dip, etc.). BUT I was proud to say that this was the first year the cheesecake didn't crack on top!

Here she is fresh out of the oven:
Here she is finished with the baklava (and birthday candles) atop:
And us singing happy birthday! (We almost had an accident because the cake was on top of the springform pan which was atop the plate - buttered metal and ceramic are very slippery when together).

No comments: