Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where oh where has our cakery gone?

Last night I was so excited about our upcoming weekend. I had appointments at 9:30 AM (tasting), a break for lunch, 1:00 PM (hair and makeup trial), 3:00 PM (wedding invitations), and 5:00 PM (the second tasting). I had emailed both the cakeries our ideas for flavors and designs for the cake and was all set. However, this morning, Teri of Cakes Unlimited LLC emailed to say that she was worried she was not the best fit for our wedding cake. This was a crushing blow as she seemed so sweet, nice, and over-the-top helpful. I had really high hopes. She suggested I contact Mahila Creations and The Small Cake Company as they might be a better match. In so many words, she said: Most of the time, I can re-create my bride's vision for their wedding cake. But, when I believe that I am not the right person to do that, I would rather share you with someone who can make your dream cake happen. Your wedding cake is too important to me for you to be unhappy or disappointed that your wedding cake was not something you really wanted.

Teri was definitely still willing to meet with us this weekend and offered to assist in my reaching out to them, but suggested I taste the other bakery's fondant first before I decide to forego fondant (my fiance and I are big buttercream fans).

So now the quest continues. *sigh* I've contacted both bakeries, but I fear the lack of advance notice for these bakers. Unfortunately, it looks like yet another trip to Charlottesville. I think it's worth it, it's just somewhat frustrating, you know? More updates soon *hopefully*.


1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Hi there! I stumbled upon your blog when looking for a wedding cake for myself in CVille. I'm from out of town, and am trying to do the best I can long distance from OH. I just got off the fone with Teri and was wondering why she chose not to do your cake? Was it too complicated?

I've found Small Cake Bakery's website, and their stuff looks phenomenal in addition, but I cannot find a working phone number for them!! I was wondering if you could help me out by pointing me in the right direction? Or has this bakery simply vanished into thin air?

Any and all information you could provide for a fellow bride-to-be would be very much appreciated. You can contact me at christineflood08@gmail.com

Thanks!
-Christine